Our Mission, Values, and Principles
Sinai Memorial Chapel Chevra Kadisha will be the pre-eminent provider of Jewish funeral and burial services to the entire Jewish community of the San Francisco Bay Area. As an essential community service organization, we are committed to maintaining both our sacred and not-for-profit traditions, while embracing evolving Jewish practices. Our hallmarks will always be to honor the dignity of the deceased and to provide compassion and support for the living.
Values and Principles
We are committed to excellence in all we do: delivering unrivaled quality in our services, knowledgeable staff, comforting facilities, honesty and integrity in all of our practices and fair prices.
As responsible stewards of our community’s century-old chevra kadisha, we are committed to its perpetuation and we believe:
- Chesed Shel Emet, the truest acts of kindness, is the motivating principle of our Chevra Kadisha, our holy burial society.
- K’vod Hamet, honoring the deceased, is our guide, first and foremost.
- Satisfaction for those making arrangements, mourners, and their comforters is our measure of success.
- Being aware of changing community needs and industry practices is essential.
- Having a dedicated, knowledgeable, staff is the key to meeting the needs of mourners and their comforters.
- Collaborating with congregations, rabbis, administrators, and cemeteries is critical to our strength.
- Our services will consistently represent a fair value to those we serve.
- Our earnings will be used to assure the respectful burial of all, regardless of means. All Jews who wish to have a Jewish funeral will have one.
- We will maintain the dignity of our facilities and services in order to sustain our viability and strength for future generations and to support Jewish education and the general welfare of our Jewish community.