Membership and Contributions
Sinai Memorial Chapel Chevra Kadisha is self-supporting and does not rely on financial support from any outside institutions. Our main sources of funds are net revenues after operating expenses, contributions, and annual membership dues received from individuals.
Annual membership in Sinai Memorial Chapel is an act of tzedakah. Income from memberships enables Sinai to provide funeral and burial services to indigent Jews, those who have lost an infant or child, and supports the important work of our Mourner Care Program to help mourners move through their grief, integrate their loss, and reinvest in life. It also helps Sinai remain a vital resource for families for generations to come.
Annual membership, which is tax-deductible, beins at $36. Supporting members pay $180. Life membership is $1,800. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Sinai convenes its Board of Directors, members, collaborating community, and friends for an Annual Meeting at the
beginning of the calendar year. At this meeting, we elect members to our Board of Directors; report on the state of the
organization, including the achievements of the past year; and set expectations for the new year. A centerpiece of the
agenda is the Community Forum, when representatives of local organizations that collaborate with Sinai or are beneficiaries
of its tzedakah share their thoughts and appreciation with the community. To view photos of the 2017 meeting, click here.
Charitable and Memorial Contributions
Charitable contributions to Sinai Memorial Chapel enable us to fulfill our mission to provide a range of services to members of our community who have experienced a loss. There are several ways that you can designate tax-deductible contributions to Sinai.
- Memorial contributions may be made in memory of or in honor of someone who has died.
- Contributions can support the work of our Mourner Care Program.
- Contributions to the Diane Lynn Cashel Memorial Fund for Rabbinical Services provide honoraria to rabbis who lead funeral and memorial services for members of our community whose families are unable to pay for them.
- Contributions can also be designated to support the Memory Garden at Eternal Home Cemetery, a place to honor and remember perinatal and infant losses.
- Legacy gifts—such as those made through a will—can support the work of Sinai Memorial Chapel while expressing your values to future generations.
If you are interested in becoming a member or making a contribution, please contact Executive Director Samuel J. Salkin at email@example.com or (415) 921-3636.